e-Development is a voluntary, non-governmental and non-profit Association, founded for an indefinite time with the aim of accomplishing targeted goals and objectives in the field of information society development.
Goals and objectives of the e-Development Association include
- proposition of projects, and coordination of elaboration and implementation of the projects of interest to the information society developement;
- coordination of activities for securing the means from local and foreign stimulating funds or interested investors in order to implement the projects started in the field of information society development;
- proposition of and support to foundation of new business entities that would work independently on the implementation of complex projects in the field of information society development;
- monitoring of the process of information society development and public promotion of all the aspects of information society development;
- keeping track and application of the latest information and communication technologies that are of interest to information society development;
- make efforts to achieve and protect interests of the Association membres and of all the business and other entities participating in the process of information society promotion;
- educate institutions and citizens to recognize the importance of the ongoing and projected projects for information society development and possibilities of their implementation.
In order to achieve its objectives, the e-Development Association will perform particularly the following:
- collect and process the project proposals of interest to information society development;
- select the priority projects of interest to information society development;
- organize and coordinate: elaboration of project methodology, elaboration of required project documentation, business plans for concrete projects, elaboration of required application forms submitted to local and foreign funds for financing selected projects, negotiations with investors interested in financing individual projects;
- collect information on the possible sources for financing the projects of interest to information society development;
- launch initiatives for establishing new business entities that would work, either independently or in cooperation with other interested business entities, on the implementation of complex projects, for which the required funds have been already secured;
- establish high level of cooperation and good business relations with: competent ministries, chambers of commerce, business entities, organizations, societies, associations, business associations, diaspora, media and other relevant subjects in the country and abroad, interested in information society development;
- study and analyze problems and give propositions and initiatives for creation of stimulating legal regulations and other conditions for the development of information society and business environment;
- support the interests of e-Development members and all business and other entities and subjects that participate in the process of information society promotion before the competent authorities, creating a good public picture and positive public opinion on their activities;
- organize either independently or together with other interested organizations: professional conferences, workshops, seminars and other educational gatherings related to information society development;
- publish books and other publications on the issues related to information society development.